Saturday 25 October 2014

The raven boys review

I have just finished
The rating I give this books is 3.5 out of 5. The reason for this rating is that even though I enjoyed this book I just felt a little disappointed. I loved the character building I thought Blue was a strong protagonist who I wanted to carry on reading and find out more about. Gansey was a strong character also however I felt that more could have been said about his relationship with his family to explain exactly why he is on this search in the first place. The other characters were complimentary to the main characters personalities. 
The main story line is a search for Glendower and I'm still not 100% sure why the search began in the first place but it's a good plot and hook for the story line.
I was however very disappointed with the last few chapters in the book. I don't want to give too much away but I felt as though there was a whole section missing it seemed to just jump from one section to the next and this was very frustrating and almost felt like a missed oportunity with the plot line. The ending just felt like there was just way too many unanswered questions and well just feel you may have missed out on loads of the actions. I know it's part of a series so this could account for some of this but still it was disappointing! 

Right into my next read which is 

No comments:

Post a Comment