Monday 17 November 2014

Making progress :)

A bit late with my post today but it's been a bit of a busy day so far. 

Last week was a rather quick week. There wasn't too much going on during the week, we went for a meal at my parents and my niece was there also and so she completely bypassed me to go straight to Husband. She's so cute. 

We had a new calf born on Thursday as well just before going to my parents so that was nice. Was a rather large bull calf.

So onto the weekend. Saturday I met up with one of my friends and we went on a little Christmas spree, so we first went to HomeSense and they always have lovely things in there. I managed to get a little something for my niece, some Jamie Oliver ceramic measuring cups as a lot of the recipes I find online to try out are American and so they always seem to use cup measurements. I also got two new mugs for Husband and I which are Christmas themed to have our low calorie hot chocolates in. I'm currently loving Option Outrageously Orange flavor which is only 36 calories a mug so a really nice treat on the cold evenings and don't have to feel guilty about having one
Look how lovely it is and a great size too. The one I got husband is blue and has a snowman and snowflakes on it and is a little bit bigger and they just make great hot chocolate mugs.

During the festive spree I just couldn't resist these from Dunelm
Love them, they are festive without going over the top and even better husband likes them too so I didn't get moans and groans about them being Christmas themed.


Husband decided to organise going up our local pub with some friends on Saturday night and so I was left with the flat to myself and I managed to
 finish Anna and the French Kiss by Stephine Perkins. Lets just say I completely get the hype around this book. It was just a great contemporary romance read. There wasn't anything in the book that made me get annoyed or want to put it down. Anna is a really likable character and just seems like a really reliable protagonist. I loved the story between Anna and St.Clair, it didn't feel cliche or fake or predictable, it just felt honest and true and some of the situations you could really relate to. I just loved Stephanie's writing style and I couldn't recommend this more highly, I give it 5 out of 5. As you can see from previous blog I did a bit of a book haul with Stephanie's books and I'm so glad I jumped straight in and got all three. But I am going to read a couple of books in between but I will hopefully soon be on Lola and the Boy Next Door. But yes if your still umming and arrring about getting Anna and the French Kiss just go and get it, you won't regret it.

I did take a few minutes on Saturday night also while Husband was out to

WRAP SOME CHRISTMAS PRESENTS! ! ! I'm really pleased with the papers and ribbon I've chose this year. I think they look pretty. I got the paper in this picture from Stampin Up as I used to be a demonstrator for them but I couldn't dedicate enough time to it so I am no longer a demonstrator. But I still love their products and would definitely recommend them and I can put you in touch with a demonstrator if anyone is interested. But yes definitely got into the Christmas spirit while doing these beauties haha I have now wrapped all the presents I have got so far accept two. Saving those for another evening and hopefully when I've picked up the last few.

Onto the next book
Can you guess what it is.........
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas it was on offer (and think it still is) on Kindle for 51p! 51p a complete bargain and again I've heard good reviews about this book and at 51p I thought it was worth the risk. So I'm trying to read at the moment where I read a paperback and then read a kindle book (this will only continue while I have new paperbacks to read) I'm a little bit further in that the picture suggests now as I took this not long after I started it yesterday morning and so far so good. I don't really want to say too much about it so far as I'm only about 10% in but we shall see how it goes.

Final pic and news.
I tried another new tea yesterday

Strawberry and Mango, this one definitely didn't disappoint on the smell test, it smelt like an ice lolly. When I smelt it, it made me want to pop it into those make your own ice lolly containers and stick it in the freezer. Once it had cooled down enough for me to actually drink as well it tasted really nice, it was really subtle flavors and not over powering at all so again another hit. I'm obviously being too lucky with tea and am bound to get a duff one as some point. But so far been really pleased and surprised. 

So that's all for today and hope it's given you some idea what I've been up to and where I've got to. If anyone ever want to suggest a book or do a read along with me just get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment