Monday 3 November 2014

Weekend Mix

Morning,
Well this post it going to be a bit of a mix of things. It's going to contain; books, baking and sewing :)

So to crack on with it. Books. I can't remember if I've told you this previously but my Husband put me on a physical book buying ban. I was allowed to buy books on my kindle and get books from the library just not allowed to buy books to have in the house. This is because when we first got together the kindle hadn't been realised yet and I was bring two bookshelves worth of books with me and he didn't like the amount of space they took up so I wasn't allowed to get anymore until I got rid of some. Which made sense because at the time we didn't live in a very large space. Well a long time has pasted and the rule has now changed to as long as I don't increase the amount of space I'm allowed to get books. So what I've been doing is books which I first got in paperback I'm continuing in paperback and then just adding a couple here and there and have got rid of few here and there. So on Saturday I knew we were going to be popping into town and there are some books going around which I've heard loads about and they just look so pretty, I figured I could sacrifice some and donate these to charity bookshop and buy some new ones and that's what I did :D


Don't they look amazing! I was really lucky as well. I decided I didn't want to wait to order them from the net and so went to my local Waterstones in town and I had come to terms with the fact they were probably going to be a little bit more than I would usually pay but thanks to the wonderful offers in store, I paid about the same amount I would online. Lola and the Boy next door was on offer for half price! Then the other three were in a buy one get one half price offer, I know I know why didn't I pick up another book half price but there wasn't one I could really see I had already flagged as wanting to read and I was on a tight schedule so I didn't. But really pleased with this haul and once I have finished Cinder which is taking me a bit longer than I hoped it would and expected I will move onto Anna and the French kiss and I cannot wait to read this.

Next on my mixed weekend was MINCE PIES!
Now part of my personality which drives a couple of people mad (including my Husband sometimes) is that I f**cking love Christmas. I mean it is amazing and I love it and it's completely one of my favorite times of the year. So now that it's November I am allowed to start getting Christmassey. So naturally one of the first things to do to get you towards the Christmas spirit is homemade mince pies. I love homemade mince pies and I love the fact they are so easy to do. I got my sweet almond pastry recipe from my Dad last year and I love it. (I know a lot of love being mentioned and used) So we enjoyed eating a few of these yesterday with a cup of tea.

Then finally for my mixed batch weekend was I did some more sewing. Part of the reason we popped into town on Saturday was to get some more fabric for making cushion covers for my Mother in Law as part of her Christmas present this year. So because they are for her I wanted Husbands input on it. We had picked out some fabric which I had already at home and just need a couple of others for the backing and one other pattern for the block. My mum is still helping me learn with my sewing, the truth of the matter is I don't think we ever stop learning so my parents came over yesterday afternoon and we cut all the pieces ready and started sewing them together and this is how far I got and you can see the idea for the two covers.
I still have to finish sewing these together and placing a boarder round them, then that will be the front finished, then onto the back and joining them together. I quiet enjoy doing covers (accept for the zip part this is still tricky) and they are quick so should hopefully be able to get these finished in the next week before going onto a secret project for my mum as she keeps on saying oh well when will I make something for her. So that's my plan and will update with progress as it goes along.

Hope you've enjoyed reading and until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment